Chrysler Repair/'00 Chrysler 300M starter motor circuit

Question
My daughter fried the starter in her 300M to the point that it was smoking. I replaced the starter and now have no power going to the starter. What could be the problem

Answer
Hi Freddy,
If you hear the loud starter solenoid 'click' sound, then the fat red main power wire from the battery to that solenoid switch is also burned through, or possibly one or the other end is oxidized. The battery of course could be discharged.
If you don't hear the loud solenoid click from the starter then either the light green wire from the starter relay socket pin D (located at position 8 in the power box) to the solenoid switch is open, or fuse G that powers the relay is blown, or the red wire from fuse G to the starter relay socket pin B is open. Check out that pathway with a voltmeter or neon glow light while she tries the starter with the ignition key. Notice whether the starter relay clicks when she tries the starter or not.  
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston