Chrysler Repair/'05 300 no cranking

Question
I have a 2005 Chrysler 300 touring and today when went to start the car it wouldn't crank but the radio lights && windows worked. It didn't even make a click when I turned the key. What could it be ?

Answer
Hi Kelsey,
The click you usually can hear comes from the solenoid switch on the starter motor. My first thought is that the battery is discharged/weak/beyond the warranty such that the voltage is too low to cause that solenoid switch to close. The radio/lights/windows require much less current than the solenoid switch so that is not indicative that the battery is OK.
You would do well however to go to the power box in the engine compartment (on the passenger side) and locate the starter relay and have a helper try to start it and see whether that low power-requiring relay clicks (feel it/listen). If so, then that suggests the rest of the circuit is working but that either the battery is indeed too weak or possibly the light gray/yellow wire from that relay to the starter motor solenoid switch is detached, but the battery would certainly be suspect. If the starter relay also doesn't click then either the gear shift is not in true Park or true Neutral so try off-center detent position of the gear shifter to see if that works; also check fuses 10 and 20 in the box to see if either might be blown.  
Let me know what you find. Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston