Chrysler Repair/'99 Dodge Caravan - Gear Indicator lit up

Question
QUESTION: 99 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L 4spd

When the gear selector is in P, all gear indicators (i.e. N, P, R etc) are lit up like all of them are selected. I disconnected the negative cable, and it goes away but comes back after some time.

Thanks for your help.

ANSWER: Hi Shafique,
I believe that has to do with the information about which gear is selected is not being received at that moment by the indicator panel. If the gear shifting is working properly while you are in a drive gear selection then that is good. I'll see if I can find out anything further and let you know.
Roland

QUESTION: It has happened before (3-4 years ago) but at that time turn indicators also used to stop working (and something else that I do not remember). You told me about a 10A fuse under the dash.
But this time, it is only the instrument panel!
S

Answer
It may be that the switch inside the trans that tells the transcontrol module when you are in Park is flakey or its wire. But if other than the indication in park is wrong and the transmission otherwise is running properly I would not get into trying to fix it.
Try a cluster self-diagnostic test:
With ignition off press and hold trip and reset buttons.
Turn key to run position
Continue holding buttons until "code" appears in odometer window
Release buttons.
A series of tests will begin. Watch the odometer window for a three digit number at the end of the test. Let me know the number.
Roland  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston