Chrysler Repair/Check engine light and 20amp fuse blows

Roland, A while ago you gave me info on the p301 code I was getting when the check engine light came on. You said it was an injector problem but was almost impossible to locate and you told how to cancel the check engine light.  Now sometimes when I go to start the car I get a click and it blows the 20 amp fuse listed as Starter/Fuel.  I'm wondering if this is related to the injector problem. This in on my 2005 Sebring Convertable 2.7.   Thanks Jerry

Hi Jerry,
I don't see how a misfire would cause fuse #8 in the power box to blow. That fuse is a "work horse" which powers the starter motor relay/solenoid switch, the fuel pump, and many other circuits of the engine. It is surprising that the fuse is only 20 amp because so many items are powered by it when you add up the items and the sub-fuses that it powers. To get a handle on why it blows the first thing to answer is does it blow only when you try the 'start' position of the key, or does it blow when you simply turn the key to the 'run' position, or does it blow after the engine is started and running?
But I would not think whatever is causing a specific cylinder to misfire is related to whatever is causing fuse #8 to blow.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).