Chrysler Repair/Chrysler 300C Dies after re-fuel

What can I do to repair a 2006 Chrysler 300C? It will die several times after I refuel it. Once it gets down to 3/4 tank the problem goes away.  Thanks for any advise!

Hi George,
The symptom you describe was experienced in these years by several models of the Chrysler and Dodge because of the design of the fuel tank. Chrysler has agreed to replace the fuel tanks in many of these models but I can't be certain that your specific vehicle is included. You could go to a dealer to determine if that is the case, or you could go to and look it up there.
Thanks for the question and sorry for the delay in responding to your question which was forwarded to the "question pool" by Kevin, the other expert.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).