Chrysler Repair/fuel filter: '04 300m

Question
QUESTION: How to replace fuel filter

ANSWER: What is the year/make/model/body style of the vehicle?

QUESTION: Sorry, 2004 chrysler 300m I'm not sure of body style it is not the special

ANSWER: Hi Johnny,
There is fuel strainer located inside the fuel pump and to clean the strainer you have to remove the fuel pump from the fuel tank, open it, and remove and clean the strainer. Unless you have evidence that the strainer is clogged I would not recommend that you get into this project but I can send you the pages that show the steps, via an email I would send to you directly. I would need to know your email address but don't use the @ symbol, instead use 'at'. Tell me why you think the strainer ('filter') needs to be cleaned.
Roland

QUESTION: Johnnyar1995atgmail.com... I'm not sure if that's the problem my dad wanted me to find out if it was easy to access so we can see if Thats the problem.. my ca. Sounds like it wants to starts but doesn't kick over.. it's only does it when it wants to doesn't matter how much gas I have or how Much I have been driving the car that day

Answer
Hi Johnny,
I can assure your Dad that the issue is NOT the fuel strainer in the fuel pump in the gas tank. To check that out is about 2 dozen steps in and 2 dozen step out so it makes that the last thing I would try.
See if you can use the self-diagnostic capability of the engine controller to get any fault code numbers that may be stored inside of that. It may be that you can get the code by using the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. If so, tell me what it is and we'll go from there. If nothing changes on the mileage window then the next time is starts you would need to go to either a nationwide auto parts store where they use a plug-in code reader to get a code (sometime doing for free, ask ahead) or go to an independent shop where they will do it for under $40. Either way, lets try to solve this via the fault code readout approach and not get sidelined by taking off the fuel tank. I assume this is the 3.5L engine, correct?
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston