Chrysler Repair/fuel gauge: '95 Concorde

Question
Hi how are you? I have a Chrysler Concorde 1995. I had the body module changed in it about 2 weeks ago. Now the fuel gage is acting crazy. It goes up and down when driving. Would this be the message center module or some kind of fuse.

Answer
Hi Lolita,
The fuel level sensor in the tank has a dark blue wire that goes to the body module's gray plug (at pin 23 of that plug). In the module the level 'signal' is digitized and sent on a single wire with a lot of other cluster data to the gauge at the cluster. If the dark blue wire wasn't damaged (which it shouldn't have been by simply removing the gray plug and putting it back into the socket of the new module) then the change in behavior would have to either be a dirty contact of pin 23 of the gray plug or a dirty pin 23 socket of the new module or finally that the module is defective as far as converting the level sensor signal to a digital reading. So go under the dash and find the module located on the kick panel next to the passenger's right leg, locate the gray plug (one of three), remove it and spray some electrical contact cleaner on pin 23 of the plug and the pins socket and inspect the dark blue wire for possible damage at the plug. If that doesn't solve the problem then the module would be suspect. I assume no change was made at the cluster itself in the replacement job.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston