Chrysler Repair/Wipers will not work on high: '82 LeBaron

Question
Hi Roland-

1982 Chrysler Lebaron convertible. 2.6/Auto.

Had the car out today and was caught in a rainstorm. I switched the wipers to "high" and they stopped in the middle of the windshield. Worked fine on the delay and low setting but switch to high and they stop. Never noticed this before but it is a fair weather car so never remember having to run the wipers on the high setting before until today. Would the problem be in the switch (on the turn signal stalk) or the motor, or something else?

Thanks,bd
Jim

Answer
Hi Jim,
The earliest manual that I have is for 1984 but no doubt it applies to your 1982.
The problem could be either the motor or the switch. I would prefer to photocopy the pages from the manual that describe how to diagnose and repair the problem. Let me know your postal mailing address and I will do that on Tuesday.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston