Chrysler Repair/'00 LHS 3.5 smoking timing belt cover

Question
lhs engine bay
lhs engine bay  
QUESTION: 140K miles. Timing belt, water pump, thermostat done @ 100K.
Not the hydraulic tensioners.  An acrid smelling (hot electrical) smoke comes up from behind the cover after a short start up and run
(run time not enough to come up to temp)and also a little comes up from down at the HB pulley. Engine has coolant, there is oil weeping from a part of the fuel inj that is at the top of the timing belt inspection cover.  Very unusual or common problem.

ANSWER: Hi Walter,
I haven't heard of this before. About the only electrical item on or behind the timing belt cover is the cam shaft position sensor which does have a 5 volt supply which could smoke if being shorted. It is slightly to the left of center (right as viewing from the front) and hidden below the rectangular manifold that crosses the front of the engine.
I don't associate oil with the fuel injection system. What is the HB pulley?
Roland

QUESTION: from back in the day  HB pulley  Harmonic Balancer

Oil weeping from something I thought is identified as a fuel rail, or fuel something adjuster. It is a round thing with a linkage just to left of that dang air bleeder for coolant system. What a mickey mouse . . . . ......

Answer
Hi Walter,
Unfortunately I don't see any specific part which might be the source of an oil leak on the drawings in the manual. Could it be a valve cover gasket that is leaking? Maybe a gasket for the upper or lower intake manifold? I wish I could help but don't see where it might be.
Thanks for explaining the HB term. I appreciate the rating and nomination.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston