Chrysler Repair/'00 T & C: stalling while stopping

Question
I have a 2000 chrysler town and country with 3.3 flex at 225k miles. Around town and short trips the van runs great. On a hot day on a long trip that is above an hour and a half drive it will shut off as soon as i come to a slow down or stop. this was interstate travel. After setting about 20 minutes it starts and runs fine for short trips for the day or just fine around town the next day. I have put tune up on it, replaced trans fluid, replaced the crankshaft position sensor. On the return trip I drove with the hood poped but with the safty latch holding the hood down. this excess airflow seemed to allow something to be kept cool enough to cause it from being to warm. the radiator fan has been replaced with a new one. It test and runs great the radiator is new and full no leaks. could you provide me insight on sensors that would over heat and cause a stall problem. and is there a way to test the catylitic converter to see if it may be clogged. it is factory part. it runs to nice and in to good a shape to replace. thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi Thomas,
I earlier answered your identical question which you had asked of Kevin, so take a look at that. Even more so, when you say the stall occurs when slowing to a stop makes me believe that your egr valve needs to be lubed as exactly when you decelerate is when the valve needs to close tightly or the mixture will be too lean to sustain an idle.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston