Chrysler Repair/'02 3.3L: Hot stall after long trip on hot days

Question
My 2000 Chrysler town and country 3.3L flex fuel stalls after driving for about 1 to 1 1/2 hr of interstate driving. It will restart but no response to the throttle and rough idle. After twenty minutes it will restart and go as nothing is wrong. I forget the code but it was related to bank 1 lean. I replaced the crank position sensor. When this happened two years ago it was only when the a/c was on. The a/c quite working didn't do it at all last year the. This year the compressor even if unplugged the clutch is engaged. I don't have a check engine light as the bulb is blown. It's never been on before. No codes are stored. Any ideas. It has about 225 miles.

Answer
Hi Tom,
With no codes it is more difficult to solve stalling out problems. My first suggestion is that you check the egr valve located between the engine dip stick and the wiper/washer bottle. It is mounted vertically and has a round vacuum-operated to piece and between that and the valve body proper there is a flange which conceals the valve stem. Notice that the stem has a circumferential slot into which the tip of a screwdriver that can be inserted to allow you to move the stem back and forth against spring-action in one direction that closes the valve. Spray some WD-40 on the stem where it enters the body of the valve and then exercise the stem to make sure it moves back and forth and closes to a dead stop. Then see if that helps with this problem.
Sorry for the delay in responding but I just found your question in the "pool" to which it had been referred by Kevin.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston