Chrysler Repair/'05 300c check engine light 'on'

2005 chrysler 300 c touring. Shakes and feels starved for gas. Check engine light on. Timing belt cam sensors changed. Electronic throttle control? My dad thinks it may be the cam sensors wires...

Hi Jen,
Try to get a fault code readout using the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window on the cluster to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number(s) preceded by a P. Let me know what you find.
If that doesn't get a code, then a nationwide auto parts store (e.g. Autozone) will often do a free readout with a plug in code reader or an independent shop will do it for $40 or so.
Getting the fault codes is the first thing to do.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).