Chrysler Repair/AC recharge

I have I 3.5L V6 2003 Chrysler Concord LXI and I would like to know how to locate and recharge the AC? Can you help?

I have had success using AC charging kits putting in 12 oz. or so at a time and testing the function following each addition. The low pressure port is located on the AC compressor proper, the front/top of it, directly above the drive pulley. If you follow the instructions provided with the kit which would include the hose necessary to connect from the supply can to the low pressure port it should suck the refrigerant into the system while it is idling. I assume that the system has been working and is just low on refrigerant. Otherwise the refill procedure is more complicated and involves the use of gauges.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).