Chrysler Repair/code p0700 chrysler 300m 2004

Question
Engine light came on. Code p0700 showed when checked w/ a plug in scanner. My tranny is auto stick,  park, neutral, diverse & drive, it then has auto stick 1,2,3,&4. When driving the tranny shifts OK & then stays on a lower gear. I feel  the heavy gear & hear it also. I tried the shifter & it shows gear changes OK but will not switch into fourth gear auto. Would like to know if it's a big repair job or some other smaller issue?

Answer
Hi Anthony,
You need to get a code readout with a plug-in code reader in order to access the transmission codes. The 0700 says there is a separate trans code stored in the transmission control module but it can't be readout via the ignition switch. So go to either a nation-wide auto parts store where they do free readouts (e.g. Autozone) or an independent shop that will charge about $40, and ask for the other codes and what they mean. Then let me know and we'll compare that to the shop manual listing.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston