Chrysler Repair/Door lock relays: '00 ('99?) minivan RKE

Wiring diagram
Wiring diagram  

I'm installing a remote for locking/unlocking the doors on my Chrysler Grand Voyager 2000 mod.
I have the wiring diagram, and want to connect my remote to the locking/unlocking relay.
Where is this located?
According to the wiring diagram, I guess somwhere under the steering (left kick panel) but I can't get my head around it.
I would be really thankful for a good answer. Thank you!

Hi Ingvar,
I believe for the RKE there are three relays located in the junction block under the dash on the left hand end of the firewall, at the corner with the kick panel. They are located under the positive temperature coefficient fuse-like row of holders, the unlock (left) and lock (right) are adjacent to diode 3 and the left door unlock relay is below them, adjacent to diode 1.
I don't have either the '00 or the '99 wiring diagrams and am basing this on my '98 manual. I believe if the vehicle was sold in Europe as an '00 it may actually be wired as per the '99 diagrams. And there appears to be significant differences between the standard and the RKE systems that involve a greater role for the body control module (based upon what is shown in my '98 diagrams) so I can't be sure how your RKE device is supposed to get wired. The '01 and '02 are entirely different.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).