Chrysler Repair/Remove 02 Stratus Sedan 2.7L dashboard

Hi, Kevin.
I'm replacing the a/c evaporator core but I'm stuck removing the dashboard.
I followed all the steps in the FSM but it still won't come out. The only instructions that don't make sense are on page 23-120:

(24) Remove the one right side, center instrument
panel support bolt.
(33) Remove the one left side, center instrument
panel support bolt.

Do you know where these two bolts are located? I already removed the ones at the bottom near the hump, behind the disc changer. I hope those are the ones.
In the engine bay I only remove the three nuts holding the hvac to the frame, the FSM doesn't say anything else.
If I lift on the crossbar it moves maybe 1/4 inch but something still seems to be holding it back.

thanks for any suggestions!

Hi Oleg,
I have the '03 manual and it too has the same instructions, but no figure or detail that shows the center instrument panel support. I would suggest that you go to a dealer parts counter and ask them to look in the parts catalog to find that support and its 2 bolts. There is likely to be a drawing there which will be of help.
Sorry for the delay but I just found your question in the "pool" to which it had been referred by Kevin.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).