Chrysler Repair/'94 LH: 42LE transmission transfer chain

Question
Hello Roland,you had help me in the past very helpful with your answer. I have 1994 Chrysler lhs 3.5,the transmission works fine,shifting perfectly,the only problem is a humming sound coming from the back of the transmission,where the chain is located,is not a grinding sound or gears sound,if i go over 40 miles it gets worse.i checked both fluids perfect,also  axles,wheel bearings,motor mounts,anything good,nothing loose or crack.
I was doing some research,and i find out that this kind of transmission with the big chain tend to jump a teeth,and they replaced with a double chain in the later models.My question is if this is the problem,because never happened before i have this car for several years,if this is causing the humming sound,how do i correct it,and when you replacing the chain is there any point to align in the same manner when you replace the timing belt from the engine.I just wait for your answer Roland thank you.

Answer
Hi Tin,
The transfer chain on the end of the transmission would not appear to be related to the timing belt replacement on the front end of the engine. The '94 manual shows how to determine in the chain is stretched and how to replace it but says also that its replacement is "unlikely".
I do notice that indeed some years later (shown in the '98 manual) that a second chain was added. I don't know how to correct the humming sound other than replacing the chain if it is stretched too far. It is not clear to me if the measurement and the replacement can be done without removing the transmission. I don't know the clearance that is available to you.
I can copy the pages from the '94 manual that show how to check the chain length and postal mail those to you is you would like. Tell me that address in a follow-up question.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston