Chrysler Repair/'94 minivan: door locks repetitively click/chiming

Question
Hello there, I have found your site from searching for answers that I still keep coming up short on. My fiance has a 94 T&C van with 200k plus miles on it and when she drives it the door locks keep locking and unlocking while she drives and the thing has a constant chime connected to it continually dings while driving showing doors opening and closing on the dashboard, hit a pot hole or a bump and it stops for a short time then starts all over again mercilessly......PLEASE HELP she is getting frustrated by the second and its making even the shortest of trips to the store aggravating at best.....All we want is the dinging to stop again I repeat PLEASE HELP
Best Regards
Chuck "Frustrated" Denney
Eugene Oregon

Answer
Hi Chuck,
This should be easy. Likely one of the doors is not being latched tightly enough into the door frame opening such that the switch that detects when the door opens thinks it is ajar. There is a latch "striker" held in place by a couple of screws located in the door frame where the door latch meshes to it and so if you loosen the screws and move the striker in-board a mm or so the door will then be held tightly in place. It is usually the driver door which needs the adjustment. She could get in, close the doors, start the engine, and then push outward on all the doors to find the one that is too loosely latched against the door frame opening and then do the adjustment as I described.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston