Chrysler Repair/'97 3.3L minivan: fuel rail bolt torque

I have the Chrysler service manual for the above minivan and the repair is going well. My only problem is that the torque specifications in the narrative for re-installing the fuel rail bolts is 200 in. lbs. while the torque specifications section at the end of the chapter for these bolts is 95 in. lbs. Which is correct?

Hi Steve,
I looked at earlier and later manuals and it appears the correct torque is 200 inch-pounds. The '02 manual doesn't have the separate table at the end of the chapter nor does the '06 manual so the only spec is that shown in the text (200 inch-pounds). Similarly in '95 where there is a table at the end of the chapter and in the text both places list the torque to be 200 inch-pounds. The other thing to look at is the bolt torque limit table at the very beginning of the manual and based upon the bolt size verify that 200 is an acceptable torque for it.
Very sharp of you to note the discrepancy!

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).