Chrysler Repair/'97 3.3L minivan: fuel rail bolt torque

Question
Hi.

I have the Chrysler service manual for the above minivan and the repair is going well. My only problem is that the torque specifications in the narrative for re-installing the fuel rail bolts is 200 in. lbs. while the torque specifications section at the end of the chapter for these bolts is 95 in. lbs. Which is correct?

Thanks

Steve

Answer
Hi Steve,
I looked at earlier and later manuals and it appears the correct torque is 200 inch-pounds. The '02 manual doesn't have the separate table at the end of the chapter nor does the '06 manual so the only spec is that shown in the text (200 inch-pounds). Similarly in '95 where there is a table at the end of the chapter and in the text both places list the torque to be 200 inch-pounds. The other thing to look at is the bolt torque limit table at the very beginning of the manual and based upon the bolt size verify that 200 is an acceptable torque for it.
Very sharp of you to note the discrepancy!
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston