Chrysler Repair/'99 300m 3.5 v6: "no bus"

Yes the cluster works fine. I changed the tps and cam sensor and  pcm computer cause the code reader. Said it was  no good.  The car runs good just the the no bus comes off and on and I need to smoge it in a few days.   And don't know what to do.

Hi Omero,
I suspect that is related to the instrument cluster only. When it comes "on" showing "no bus" does the cluster stop working until the message goes off? It may be that the bus connector wire on the cluster has an intermittent connection to the cluster circuit board in which case you would remove the cluster and then heat the pin for that wire where it connects to the circuit board using a soldering pencil to correct the intermittency. The pin is #5 on the green plug socket.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).