Chrysler Repair/No starter motor action: ' 99 T & C, security system?

Yesterday afternoon after a battery disconnect, the "alarm set" is on, car won't start. This happened before, had it towed, it then started up fine with no work. (?). I have tried numerous times to go right then left with the key to set/turn off alarm...I've tried banging on the dash. I've had this van a couple years, have dealt with these quirks before, but this time I'm sat all night, no start. To be clear, it's not the start/run a few seconds, then off....there is NO response to the start position, although the other dash lights light up ok.One post suggested removing the end FUSE for a half hour, did nothing. Tried battery disconnect again, nothing. The disable start will not release. Any thoughts ?

Hi Ronald,
The 'no starter' situation typically me to believe it has nothing to do with the security system, unless you tried the starter more than 6 times while it was alarmed in which case it won't allow the starter to work. Did you try the lock/unlock using the door key on the passenger side door? You have to get it disarmed for the starter to work. Try the same with the lift gate using the key. One of those should disarm the system. Once you get it disarmed, and it still won't operate the starter:
While a helper turns the key to start and you standing by the power box with its lid open check to listen/touch the starter motor relay. If that is not clicking then check fuse #10 in the junction block under the dash for having a cracked internal wire or blown. If it does click then check fuse 23 in the power box which provides the power through the relay that activates the solenoid switch on the starter motor. That solenoid switch should click loudly and if it does then the problem is the starter motor proper or the battery is too weak. The relay could be bad so remove it and jump side ways (86 to 85) which should close the circuit to the solenoid switch. The last possibility is the dark blue/tan wire from 85 to the solenoid switch is "open".
The security system works by stopping the engine soon after it starts rather than by preventing the starter motor unless you try 6 times without success, then the starter also won't work (this applies to the security hey type system with bulge in key head).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).