Chrysler Repair/03 Chrysler town and country with atc

Why does the blower only run on high?   I can't turn the heater off.  When I push the power button,the display goes off and the blower seems to run faster.
Thanks for your help.

Hi Jim,
The blower motor is controlled by a blower motor power module and when it looses the control function (other than running on high) you have to replace that module. It is located on the front of the HVAC's evaporator housing that is hidden behind the glove box. To access it you have to drop the glove box down below its normal full open position by squeezing on the sides of the box so that the rubber 'stops' clear the edge of the opening thus allowing it to open further. Then you will see the rectangular power module held in place by a couple of screws. It has two electrical connectors that unplug and once you have those disconnected and the screws removed the module will be free to be taken out and replaced with a new one.
That should give you full control once again of the blower speeds. Let me know if there is anything else wrong with the ATC unit function after you have replaced the module.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).