Chrysler Repair/12 Volt Outlet

Question
I have a 2013 chrysler 200 2.4L touring 4 door sedan, the 12 vold outlet in the dash is not working, it is the one that operates with the running of the car. I have checked the fuses and all check out fine, my question is if i buy a universal 12 volt outlet and put it in would it work? If it did work would it still operate with the running of the car like a factory one would?

Answer
Hi Benson,
I don't have the manual showing the wiring diagrams for that new a car. But it would be good to know which exact fuse powers that outlet so you could actually verify that it isn't blown. You might check the owners manual and I will see if I can find out as well and get back to you if I do. I wouldn't replace the existing outlet unless you have found that there is 12v getting to it but that it is not appearing on the socket contacts. If you can get the outlet out of its mounting then check whether there is 12v arriving there with a voltmeter. The fuse which powers it is probably 20 amp size so you could more closely check all those size fuses as well.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston