Chrysler Repair/3.5L cranks, no start, no spark

Question
Roland,

I could not figure out how to add to my other thread(s). What numbers should I be looking for when doing a compression check? Is there a way to bench test the ECU. I want to make sure it is bad before I buy another one.

Thanks,
Ben

Answer
Hi Ben,
For compression testing, warm up the engine, remove all the plug/coils, then with a fully charged battery measure the compression of the each cylinder. All should be at least 100 psi and within 25% of one another.
If your ecm was bad there would be a fault code(e.g. 0600 or 0601). Have you checked again for fault codes; does it still only say "done"? What about the other things I suggested?
You told me that it died after driving home, like you had just bought this vehicle??
That is why I suggested that the egr valve might be gummed up, and thus not closed tightly when you slowed down and shut off the engine. That will cause a no start/no code if true.
What is the recent 'past history' if you indeed bought it from someone?
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston