Chrysler Repair/3.5L cranks, no start, no spark

I could not figure out how to add to my other thread(s). What numbers should I be looking for when doing a compression check? Is there a way to bench test the ECU. I want to make sure it is bad before I buy another one.

Hi Ben,
For compression testing, warm up the engine, remove all the plug/coils, then with a fully charged battery measure the compression of the each cylinder. All should be at least 100 psi and within 25% of one another.
If your ecm was bad there would be a fault code(e.g. 0600 or 0601). Have you checked again for fault codes; does it still only say "done"? What about the other things I suggested?
You told me that it died after driving home, like you had just bought this vehicle??
That is why I suggested that the egr valve might be gummed up, and thus not closed tightly when you slowed down and shut off the engine. That will cause a no start/no code if true.
What is the recent 'past history' if you indeed bought it from someone?

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).