Chrysler Repair/'95 Lebaron 3.0 litre: no start/no check engine light

Question
QUESTION: I had this car running about 3 years ago when I put it away for the daughter. Last week I went to start it and there appears to be no spark. I do hear the fuel pump run for a second or so. Am figuring something not to serious I hope. Waiting to hear from you. Thanks Brian

ANSWER: Hi Brian,
Try for a self-diagnostic fault code using the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the check engine light which remains "on" to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the process to assure an accurate set of flash counts. Let me know the counts in the order of appearance and we'll go from there.
Roland

QUESTION: Well I did the key cycle and had NO flashes sorry to say

ANSWER: Did the check engine light stay on, or did it stay off?
It should work if the light is working and you follow the instruction and do it in 5 seconds or less. Without a code number it will be much harder to get a 'start'.
Roland

QUESTION: Roland, there was no engine light

Answer
Brian,
The check engine light is at the lower left hand corner of the left panel of the cluster, just below the 'check gauges' light. The bulb may be burned out. If you simply turn the key to 'run' without trying starter, you would see that bulb light up if it is working.
The easiest way to get around the 'no bulb' problem would be to check the wire that lights up the bulb. Look in the engine compartment: At the top of the left inner fender at its front edge, just below hood support ledge, is the powertrain control module which has a rectangular plug with 60 pins/wires. On pin 32 is a pink/black wire. If you use a pin to penetrate through the insulation of that wire and then put a 12v neon bulb or a volt-meter on the pin with the other meter lead connected to battery - post. Then have a helper do the ignition key routine while you watch the neon bulb/voltmeter to observe the voltage going on and off. The meter jumping to 12/the neon bulb lighting up would be a 'flash'.  Otherwise you have to remove the instrument cluster and replace the bulb which is more complicated and delaying of a repair. We will really be helped to get the flash counts I described earlier.
I assume that the battery is charged up, correct, and that the starter motor does turn over the engine?
Thanks for the ratings and nominations. You may have to ask a new question to continue this dialog.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston