Chrysler Repair/a.c. compresser: '00 Concorde lxi

the air conditoning compresser died in my 2000 concord lxi i have another car i was going to sell a 2001 sebring  lxi and its compresser is fine~ can i have the sebrings air conditoner compresser put in my concord~the sebring has 262000 miles so it is not a loss to take out the compresser~~my concord has only 42000 miles  help!!!!!! the engine in the concord  lxi is 3.2 litre and the sebring lxi is 2.7 litre engine! thank you for any help you can tell me

Hi Judith,
What do you mean by "died"? Is the system possibly low on refrigerant which will cause it to not be connected to its drive belt via blocking the clutch from connecting it? Maybe all you need to do is add refrigerant. I would be inclined to check out that possibility because there is in theory much less wear on the Concorde compressor.
I don't have the part number/interchangeability data but I would believe they might be interchangeable.
But if the compressor simply stopped being activated when you asked for a.c. I would certainly consider whether the refrigerant level is simply too low. Otherwise I would check this with a shop and see what they about the substitution and the cost.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).