Chrysler Repair/Charger wrongly connected. Now starts but no run. Jeep Cherokee L. 4L. 4WD.

Question
QUESTION: I know Jeep is not where your experience is but I hope you try it.
Charger was connected wrongly, start  smoking somewhere in engine compartment so charger was disconnected instantly and reconnected correctly the second time. But now electrical radiator fan will go on sometime and starter turns but no run, even after I spray some Starting Fluid.
So one by one I pull out each fuse from where they are located next to battery and under driver side dash board. Each one from those 2 places were visually and conductivity tested.
In I&A auto parts I was told it must be fuse. So this time my friend who is a driver/mechanic for bus company help me and check them all over again but found nothing.
Now I wonder if is some extra fuse for it, located who knows where. Or is it something else?

ANSWER: Let me think about this and get right back. Can you quickly tell me the year model of the Jeep?
And when you have the charger on backwards did you ever try to start the engine, or instead did you notice the smoke and disconnect the charger without ever trying to start the engine that way?

QUESTION: 99 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4Liter engine 4WD.
Battery were dead and I was mad over something else and hurry to get somewhere. It was over a year a go so I might not remember exactly. I try to jump the car, things that I try many times with this charger before.
I noticed the smoke while battery were charged only or or when I try to run it on booster, do not remember.  
Only remember connecting the charger right way afterwards and trying to jump it and fan goes on (I think sometimes only). It was not smoking this time.
I see power on dash board but it would not run, even after battery charged for few hours and charger buster used at the same time and sprayed with carburetor buster.

Answer
Hi MB,
The two things to do are:
Check all the fuses to see if you can find one or more blown and if so replace. There is a power distribution box in the engine compartment and also one under the dash so check at both locations.
Try to get a fault code readout using the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window of the cluster to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. Let me know what you find.
If you did try to start it with the charger on backwards it is possible that you blew a fuse or did some other damage which the fault code number might tell us about.
I have the '05 Jeep manual which might be similar to the wiring of your '99 but in any case see if you can find any blown fuses and try the fault code readout.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston