Chrysler Repair/climate control problem 2000 Cirrus lxi

Question
My Chrysler Cirrus moves lots of air through all air outlets during all hvac settings.  However, I get very little chilled air when running the air conditioner and very little heat when running heater or defroster.  It seems like there is something in common to both climate control modes.  If I cure one, do I cure the other?  Thanks,  Roman

Answer
Hi Roman,
The air is passed either over the air coils or the heater coils, or a mix of the two paths depending upon the position of the temperature door. I can't see how the range of heating/cooling could be somehow limited. Possibly the there is a lack of compressor action and at the same time a lack of hot water circulation through the heater coils. Does the compressor come on when you request defrost and cooling? Are the heater hoses that go from the engine, through the middle of the firewall to the heater, equally hot? Both should be the case.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston