Chrysler Repair/climate control problem 2000 Cirrus lxi

My Chrysler Cirrus moves lots of air through all air outlets during all hvac settings.  However, I get very little chilled air when running the air conditioner and very little heat when running heater or defroster.  It seems like there is something in common to both climate control modes.  If I cure one, do I cure the other?  Thanks,  Roman

Hi Roman,
The air is passed either over the air coils or the heater coils, or a mix of the two paths depending upon the position of the temperature door. I can't see how the range of heating/cooling could be somehow limited. Possibly the there is a lack of compressor action and at the same time a lack of hot water circulation through the heater coils. Does the compressor come on when you request defrost and cooling? Are the heater hoses that go from the engine, through the middle of the firewall to the heater, equally hot? Both should be the case.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).