Chrysler Repair/Grand voyager 3.3le: power folding side view mirrors

Question
I got the car yesterday all ok, but today the mirrors have decided to do what they want! They come out when i unlock the doors, go back in and stay in when i start the engine to drive only coming back out when doors ar opened again? please have you got any ideas before it sends me crazy😲

Answer
Hi Sandie,
I have the '09 manual which has a description of the power folding mirror system. It does not mention a relationship of the mirror positioning to unlocking the doors, or starting the engine.
However, there is push-button on the mirror control switch which is dedicated to the folding function and it may be that if you press that button it will reverse the situation at that moment and thus give you control of the mirror location. The button is located near the right hand end of the switch control panel mounted in the door. The symbol on the push-button shows a view of the mirror from above with arrows showing open/close action and a very elongated "S" and is said to be an "international designation symbol (ISO)" for such a system. So look for that symbol and try pressing it to see what happens,
Because this type of mirror is for "exported" vehicles I may not be able to find other descriptions for how it works or how to repair it if broken. But give that push-button a try to see if you can gain control of the mirrors. I can copy the pages that discuss this and attach them of an email I would send to you directly but I need to know your email address. If you tell me that, don't use the "@" symbol but instead use "at".
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston