Chrysler Repair/hood latch 2011 T&C

Question
Experienced scary moment at 95 km today.  

Primary latch of hood opened on my 2011 Chrysler T&C van.
Secondary latch held hood down, but opened maybe 1", and I was able to pull over safely and reclose hood.

Is there a simple adjustment to rectify?

Slamming the hood seems to hold , with no movement with downward hand pressure on the hood.  But, after a few minutes I've heard a pop(?) and discovered that there is up/down movement in the front of the hood.

I use this vehicle for hwy trips/speeds and feel there should be no front of the hood movement up/down when it has been closed.

Answer
Nothing specific to this sort of issue in the manual. I would check the latch mechanism to be sure that it is fully closing when you have released the lever in the cabin and verify that it isn't sticking slightly ajar from the fully closed position. Then look carefully at the relationship between the latch mount's position on the cross-member compared to the position of the latch striker on the under side of the hood to be sure they are aligned to mesh fully together when closed. Notice anything unusual about the latch part that meshes to the striker for signs of wear.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston