Chrysler Repair/lebaron gas hog

Question
QUESTION: Hi roland,
I have a 95 lebaron with 45000 original miles. ( grandmas car ) now for the problem, the car has had a full tune up including 02 sensor . the fuel economy is so poor I cant imagine how she could afford to put gas in it. also, while sitting at an idle the fumes are very strong. if i did the code read correctly , it reads  12535     

Thanks for any help that you can offer.   Jim

ANSWER: Hi Jim
Try the code readout once more, there is another pause in there as there has to be an even number of counts. The last two counts are always 5 in each, 55 means 'end of readout'. Tell me which engine you have (L).
Roland

QUESTION: Hi Roland , its a 3.0  and the code is 125355
thanks again , jim

Answer
The 12 code means the battery was recently disconnected (within last 50 starts) while the 53 code means there is a failure inside the powertrain control module (which suggests a need to replace it!). See if you can locate the source of the fumes. Also look over the pcm to see if any damage/loose plug or wires is present. It is located on the upper edge of the left side inner fender and has a 60-pin plug.
Any other history that you know of?
Roland  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston