Chrysler Repair/no-start,93 dodge caravan 3.3liter

I have no spark,no inj.pulse,fuel pump runs when key is turned on. it is a rpm on scanner when cranking. ck crank signal with graph meter. looks ok. ck cam signal when cranking, saw no sig. would no cmp sig. cause these symtoms alone?

Hi David,
Without a cam shaft sensor signal you won't get spark or injector pulses because the engine controller won't know where to spark a plug  or where to pulse the injectors. So yes, that would likely cause a no start.
Try a fault code readout using the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the check engine light, which remain 'on' to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the process to be sure of an accurate set of flash counts. Then group the counts in order of appearance to form the 2-digit fault code numbers. The last count will always be 5 in each for the number 55 which means end of fault code readout. The code for no cam signal is 54, no crank signal's code is 11. The no cam signal could either be the cam sensor or it could be a faulty timing chain so look to see if the valves are moving.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).