Chrysler Repair/'00 T & C: no starter/no cluster

Question
Answer:   Hi Carl,
PTC 1 gets power from the ignition switch which in turn gets power from fuse 23 (40 amp) in the pdc box.
Fuse 2 under the dash gets power from a different section of the ignition switch which in turn gets power from fuse 28 (10 amp) in the pdc box. There is a diode also on that circuit but that should not be blown.
So check the main fuses to see if either is blown.
Roland

checked both fuses and both are good...checked ALL of the fuses in the pdc box to be sure and they all are okay. I'm at a total loss....wish I hadnt replaced the radio now! LOL!

Answer
Hi Carl,
The two ignition switch sections may be bad:
Check for 12V always to be on pin 7 of the gray plug at the switch (red wire) and for 12V on pin 9 of the same switch (dark blue wire) which should be there when the switch is in both run and start positions of the switch.
Check for 12V on pin 2 of the black plug of the ignition switch (dark green/red wire) which should be there in off, run and start positions. That section of the switch gets power all the time on pin 1 of the same plug via a pink wire.
To get to the switch you have to remove the screws on the panel under the steering column (at the hood release lever and else where around the panel) and remove the handle from the cable; then remove the screws on the under side of the column near the wheel to release the other shroud of the column. That should then allow access to the switch on the left side of the column and to its three different colored plugs.
The starter motor switch is a different section yet and is probably not involved because you told me that the starter relay clicks. So that is a different issue I told you about yesterday.
Please investigate all the things I covered yesterday and today to see if you can solve these with no (fewer) questions today as I am going to be out part of the afternoon.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston