Chrysler Repair/'00 T & C: no starter

Question
QUESTION: There was no "follow up question" button in the last message so I had to send you it this way....anyway, heres where we left off...

Answer:   Does the starter relay itself click when you try to start? Listen/touch for it in the power box.
If you have the factory anti-theft device it usually functions by allowing the engine to start but then cutting it off after a few seconds. It will typically allow that to happen for about 6 times before cutting out the starter motor entirely. This applies to the situation where you have the sentry key immobilizer module type of anti-theft system (where key handle has bulge). Is that what you have? Did it shut down 6 times in a row before no longer allowing the starter to work, or just "several"?
If you would care to rate/nominate me for one of these answers please feel free to do so.
Roland

Hello again Roland....yes, the starter relay clicks when key is turned...all relays seem to be working fine. The vehicle started and then quit about 4 times before just shutting down all together....I dont have the type of key with the bulge....just a remote and have already re-set the anti theft system several times to no avail...btw..I did nominate you (with all 10's) and appreciate all of your help...very frustrated with the outcome so far tho! LOL!

ANSWER: OK,
If the starter relay clicks and fuse 23 is working, then 12V should go on a brown wire from the relay to the starter solenoid switch. So see if that is happening or not. In not then either the relay points are oxidized or the wire is not patent from the relay to the starter solenoid. If gets to the solenoid then it should click loudly. If so, then the starter motor is bad, if not then the solenoid switch is bad. Verify that you have 12v on the red wire at the starter motor that comes from the battery, of course.
Roland
Thanks for the rating and nomination.

QUESTION: when I turn the key there is nothing...no click from the starter or any indication that the starter is getting any power sent to it at all. But with the instrument cluster not working properly (no odometer or gear selector) is there going to be anything even sent if theres something wrong in the computer?

Answer
You told me that the starter motor relay clicks when you try the 'start' position of the key. That being the case the starter motor should respond UNLESS the other items that I just listed above have something the matter. The cluster has nothing to do with the starter motor IF the starter relay is indeed clicking.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston