Chrysler Repair/'09 300: Driver seat immobilited

I have a 2009 Chrysler 300 with a drivers seat that won't move forward or backward because one of the wires coming off the seat motor is snapped. im just wondering if there is a way I can move the seat manually forward to a permanent position it won't have to move again once it is back at a driveable position.

Hi Steve,
Can you see the wire and if so what are its colors? And can you identify to what place it was attached? I have the wiring diagrams for '07 and can then tell you how to either re-attach the wire or jump a 12v carrying wire to the point on the motor so you can move it to the location that you would like it to be. You may have to remove the seat to do this if the working space under the seat is restricted. I believe that the moving of the seat has to be done via electric motor power as there is no way to move the gear which is driven by the motor.
If you are not certain there is a broken wire then there is some self-diagnostic capability to get a fault code number about the electronic fault that is causing the lack of motion and repair that issue. A fault code readout using a code reader would be the way to go about getting that fault code number which would be U followed by 4 digits.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).