Chrysler Repair/2007 chrysler sebring 2.0 crd limited

Question
Hello,

I have problems with my 2007 chrysler sebring 2.0 crd limited. Is there any specific reason why my sebring die when im pressing gas pedal to 2000 rpm several times fast, then engine just stopping working and my sebring wont start anymore unless i use spirit cleaner in air intake system. Then again all this gonna repeat, have changed fuel filter and one broken gas hose but nothing better. Even then Bosch car diagnostic doesnt show any errors in engine block.

Kind Regards,
Erki Ala

Answer
Hi Erki,
I have one idea: See whether the engine has an exhaust gas recirculation valve (egr). If so then it may be gummed up and is therefore not closing tightly which is what it needs to do when either you step on the gas or slow down to a stop or else the mixture is too lean. If so, spray some spirit cleaner on the valve's stem which is located between the round top (which has a vacuum hose to it) of the valve and the body of the valve. Then move the stem back and forth by means of the slot in the stem using the tip of a screwdriver. You might have to remove the valve and clean it out.
If you have such a valve, you will find there to be small diameter pipe that branches off the exhaust manifold and flows to the valve. This is a 'guess' on my part, but it is common for the gasoline engines to act this way and not show a diagnostic code.
Unfortunately I don't have a repair manual for that diesel engine and have no personal experience with such engines.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston