Chrysler Repair/'94 Concorde: code 11

Question
QUESTION: My daughters car is a 1994 Chrysler Concorde and it shuts off when you come to a stop after you've been driving it for about 30 minutes.   It won't restart until it cools off anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half.  I have replaced the thermostat and the temperature sensor.  Inquiries on the Internet says it could be crank angle sensor sensor,  cam angle sensor,  coil pack, or PCM.  It shows a code 11 .

ANSWER: Hi Kelly,
Code 11 is for a defective crankshaft position sensor. So replace that. If you don't know where it is tell me which engine size you have.
Roland

QUESTION: While we were waiting for your reply we went to the Chrysler dealership and the mechanics there said coil pack or PCM

Answer
Hi Kelly,
All I can say is that code 11 is specific to the signal that is sent by the crankshaft position sensor not being present. The shut down after 30 minutes of driving and then recovery after a cool-down time of 30 to 90 minutes is also consistent with the sensor quitting when it gets warmed up and then recovering after it cools down.
It is located at the rear end of the engine on the right (passenger) side and is positioned just a little above the transmission differential housing. It is held in place by a bolt and has an electrical plug that is held in place by a tab on the plug. So find it, remove the bolt, release the tap, attach the new sensor to the plug and attach the sensor to the rear end of the engine and bolt it back in place. It should cost maybe $75 for the sensor with at most 1/2 hour of labor time.
The mechanic at the dealer is misleading you as best I can tell if indeed it is a code 11.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston