Chrysler Repair/97 lhs instrument cluster removal

I saw a previous post that you gave a Ginger on repairing an instrument cluster.  I have the same problem and would like to remove the cluster to solder the connections of pin 1 and 2.  Can you tell me how to remove the cluster?  Thank you.

Hi Colby,
This is from the '94 manual which is likely the same for your '97.
Remove the left end cap from the dash
Remove the bezel from around the headlamp switch
Remove headlamp switch screws and then remove the switch
Remove upper center bezel (at the top of the center stack)
Tilt down steering column to lowest position
Remove bezel from around the cluster
Remove the screws from around the cluster.
Release upper latch of cluster to release it (Pull down on steering column for additional space.)
Remove cluster
The connectors on the back side are held tightly so you need to pull them about 20 lb to release them.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).