Chrysler Repair/Check engine symbol P06DD

Hello, I bought a 2013 Chrysler 300 about 30 days ago. it has 60,000 miles and all recommended maintenance has been done at recommended intervals. Today, the check engine light came on. My local repair shop said they got a code "P06DD". They recommended taking to dealer because of unfamiliarity with this code. I noticed that the oil pressure is fluctuating between 24 and 39 at normal city driving speeds. Transmission temp also fluctuates between 195 and 201.

Hi Vance,
I did a quick google search for that diagnostic trouble code and found a couple of possibilities: An incorrect oil filter used at the last oil change or a possible issue with the oil pump pressure switch. I will search some more but in the meantime verify the oil filter is the correct one.
The code speaks of a problem with the oil pressure control circuit. From what you said is the pressure you are seeing I don't believe you have an urgent problem as that pressure range is safe.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).