Chrysler Repair/Check engine symbol P06DD

Question
Hello, I bought a 2013 Chrysler 300 about 30 days ago. it has 60,000 miles and all recommended maintenance has been done at recommended intervals. Today, the check engine light came on. My local repair shop said they got a code "P06DD". They recommended taking to dealer because of unfamiliarity with this code. I noticed that the oil pressure is fluctuating between 24 and 39 at normal city driving speeds. Transmission temp also fluctuates between 195 and 201.

Answer
Hi Vance,
I did a quick google search for that diagnostic trouble code and found a couple of possibilities: An incorrect oil filter used at the last oil change or a possible issue with the oil pump pressure switch. I will search some more but in the meantime verify the oil filter is the correct one.
The code speaks of a problem with the oil pressure control circuit. From what you said is the pressure you are seeing I don't believe you have an urgent problem as that pressure range is safe.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston