Chrysler Repair/Chrysler Caravan, faulty BCM, how to diagnose it and repair

Question
BCM part number
BCM part number  
Hi Roland,
I own a 1998 Chrysler Caravan SE, 3.3 L, V6.
One year ago, it began to have dead instruments (speedo, RPM indicator, gas level and temp). And in addition, the antitheft system became engaged (ALARM SET light turned on), and the engine shut down.
After pilgrimage through different mechanical repair shops, a guy discovered a faulty pin in the instrument cluster printed circuit board. He repaired by resoldering it.
Two months later, the instrument cluster went dead again. This time the pins were OK, I took the van to a Chrysler shop, and they diagnosed that was a faulty BCM. It appears to be no communication between the BCM and other control modules...
Do you have any idea of how to look inside the BCM, diagnose the fault component inside it and eventually repair it?
I did a comprehensive search of the part, had no positive results, it appear to be none of it worldwide... (BCM part number P04801065AD)
Thank you in advance...

Answer
Hi Juan,
Can you describe the exact way that the instrument cluster went dead?, and did the anti-theft sys become engaged, and did the engine shut down... just like the original problem? What else isn't working properly now.
I have the wiring diagrams for the bcm in terms of how it is connected to the other modules but no internal electronics of the bcm proper. I would not necessarily conclude that it is totally bad.
Did the Chrysler shop do a fault code readout using a plug-in code reader and if so what were the 4-digit code numbers that they observed. A P1695 code would implicate the BCM not communicating, but I am not sure the code would be available in the '98 model, it is in the '02 model.
I have the manual for responding to the code numbers if you have them. If not, then try a nationwide part store e.g. Autozpne, where they often will do the readout for free or an independent shop would charge around $40 to do it.
You should be able to get a used BCM from a wrecking yard (they have nationwide searching capability) or possibly even on eBay. But if we can be sure it isn't dead then it would be better to try and solve the wiring problem if that is indeed what is wrong.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston