Chrysler Repair/code 1598, '01 T & C

QUESTION: Roland, I tried a jumper, separated the wire at both ends, the voltage at PCM is 4.7 without jumper. Could the pink have shorted to the other, what # & connector position? I'm not sure if cutting the pink at the connector is a better choice?uo

ANSWER: The pink/yellow on pin 2 of the sensor plug is a 5 volt supply wire that comes from pin 61 of the #2 plug of the pcm. It goes through a splice where it splits to the throttle position sensor and the map sensor and the a/c pressure sensor. But the light blue/brown wire at pin 3 of the a/c sensor itself goes directly to pin 42, however I don't know what other wires are in the harness with it other than likely the pink/yellow and a dark blue/dark green sensor ground wire that goes to pin 43.

I did cut the pink at the PCM and no voltage is showing at the pressure switch. There is voltage, 4.7, coming out of the blue wire stub at the PCM, 4.7. This should not have any voltage,correct? As it is the sensor signal.
I'm thinking an internal fault with a module, possibly from all the wires touching before. Plausible ? Or does this ground through the pressure switch, and that is why the fans run when the connector was pulled.

I really can't tell you what it should show on pin 42 with no wire coming into it. Only that it is the signal wire and that it is supposed to be looking for 0.5 to 4.5 to activate the clutch. Otherwise not. I don't know about grounding and the fan action wiring. It could be that the earlier short damaged the PCM but I am reluctant to suggest you replace it.
I am gone for the next 6 hours and unavailable.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).