Chrysler Repair/1999 Concorde 3.2 engine: "stopped"

My car stopped on me with no warning. It will not into any gear. How do I know if it is the transmission control module? No lights come on to check engine? Please help.

Hi Keith,
I need clarification.
By "stopped" do you mean the engine died, or that the transmission stopped moving the car?
Are there any lights "on" at the instrument cluster?
Does the 'check engine' light show up?
Does the engine start and run? If not, does the starter turn over the engine? Do you hear a "click" (loud or soft?) when you try the starter? If it does start, is the problem that when you shift from P or N to Drive that the car won't move? Any other gears work?
If the engine is running but the wheels won't turn then it may be that one of the 4 "constant velocity joints" on the front axle shafts has broken.
Thanks for explaining.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).