Chrysler Repair/'04 Pacifica Navigation System

Question
QUESTION: I purchased a used 2004 pacifica with nav. It was dead when I purchased it a year ago, and is still dead. I had the instrument cluster swapped out, but, no change. I don't know if there is a disc in the back, as it's dead, and can't even eject. Not sure what to do next.

ANSWER: Hi Steve,
If you are describing the "navigation" unit, then the manual shows that fuses 25 and 48 are involved in powering that, so check to be sure neither of those is blown. Is there any sign of power getting to it? The unit is located under the mat in the rear of the vehicle and I can tell you the pins on its plug to check for power or not getting to it. Do you know whether it also has the 'hands free' feature?
Thank you for the rating and nomination.
Roland

QUESTION: Yes. I'd like to know the pins on the unit to check to. I don't know if it has hands free as it was dead when I bought the vehicle. Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi Steve,
The unit is on the floor of the rear area in a storage bin (left hand side of it). I has a 16 pin plug and 12v should be on pin 1 (via fuse 3 and fuse 48) and on pin 2 (via fuse 25) when the accessory relay is activated (likely with the key in the run position). Pin 3 should be grounded to the chassis.
Also the instrument panel switch pod connector, on its pin 9 should show 12v coming from fuse 30 (with key in the "run" position) and pin 1 coming from fuse 50 when the run relay is activated. That connector has 12 pins, as does another connector for the navigator at the cluster proper if it was so-equipped, and there also is the main 16 pin plug on the cluster
So check those fuses also and for the voltages at the cluster switch pod connector.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston