Chrysler Repair/'95 concorde 3.5L: engine dies after a few seconds

Hi roland im writing in regards to the question timothy had about his vehicle starting and dying a few seconds later. My car is doing the exact same thing. Did he happen to find the solution to his problem i read through the thread and did not see a final answer

Hi Kyle,
I don't have the specific history of the question from Timothy. But if that is what is happening with your car the two possibilities are that the anti-theft system is still 'armed' when you start it, and that system allows the engine to start but then shuts it down is a couple of seconds. Is the security alarm light on the dash still illuminated? If so, then try to disarm it using the door key in a door lock, unlocking it.
It could be a specific problem with the engine also, and the best thing for that is to do a fault code readout using the ignition key. Turn it "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the check engine light, which remains 'on', to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the procedure to be sure of an accurate set of flash counts. Let me know the counts in the order of appearance and we'll go from there.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).