Chrysler Repair/'95 concorde 3.5L: engine dies after a few seconds

Question
Hi roland im writing in regards to the question timothy had about his vehicle starting and dying a few seconds later. My car is doing the exact same thing. Did he happen to find the solution to his problem i read through the thread and did not see a final answer

Answer
Hi Kyle,
I don't have the specific history of the question from Timothy. But if that is what is happening with your car the two possibilities are that the anti-theft system is still 'armed' when you start it, and that system allows the engine to start but then shuts it down is a couple of seconds. Is the security alarm light on the dash still illuminated? If so, then try to disarm it using the door key in a door lock, unlocking it.
It could be a specific problem with the engine also, and the best thing for that is to do a fault code readout using the ignition key. Turn it "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the check engine light, which remains 'on', to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the procedure to be sure of an accurate set of flash counts. Let me know the counts in the order of appearance and we'll go from there.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston