Chrysler Repair/Lebaron 95: codes 41 and 12

the codes I received were a 12 and a 41. I am going with a voltometer later on today. as far as the codes can you help me

Hi Heather,
The 41 code says that the generator (alternator) field control circuit is not switching properly due to it either being open or shorted. The wire runs from pin 20 of the pcm to the alternator and could be the issue or the field coil inside the alternator.
Code 12 means simply that the battery was disconnected recently which is mainly relevant if that is not the case and then that wiring should be checked.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).