Chrysler Repair/02 PT Cruiser: no starter

Fans were not kicking on so I checked out thermostat sensor heard a click and it shorted out now there is no power when key is turned on, all fuses are good. All lights work including headlights. When turn key to on there is no starter.
Started working on fan when this first started. High speed works low speed does not will this make high not work.

Hi David,
The fuse that is necessary for the starter to work is Fuse #1 in the main power box in the engine compartment, so look at that one carefully. If it looks good then have a helper try to start while you touch/listen for the click of the starter motor relay (relay B) in that same box. It should click, and at the same time the starter solenoid should click at the starter motor.
The low speed fan is powered by fuse #12 and the low speed fan by fuse #5 also in the power box. So check those carefully.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).