Chrysler Repair/02 PT Cruiser: no starter

Question
Fans were not kicking on so I checked out thermostat sensor heard a click and it shorted out now there is no power when key is turned on, all fuses are good. All lights work including headlights. When turn key to on there is no starter.
Started working on fan when this first started. High speed works low speed does not will this make high not work.

Answer
Hi David,
The fuse that is necessary for the starter to work is Fuse #1 in the main power box in the engine compartment, so look at that one carefully. If it looks good then have a helper try to start while you touch/listen for the click of the starter motor relay (relay B) in that same box. It should click, and at the same time the starter solenoid should click at the starter motor.
The low speed fan is powered by fuse #12 and the low speed fan by fuse #5 also in the power box. So check those carefully.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston