Chrysler Repair/1993 Buick LeSabre Limited Edition

Question
QUESTION: Chrysler Buick Repair/93 LeBaron V6 Headlights Stay "on"- Canadian

Expert: Roland Finston - 5/15/2007

I have been experiencing this very same problem.  I would like to know how to fix the daylights and headlight problem.  I have tried to wiggle the switches from internal to the delay switch underneath, and the headlights still stay on.  I have to pop the hood, unscrew the battery for the lights to go off and then open it again wherever I arrive open the hood and unscrew the battery to get the lights to go off.  Headlights worked ok for a while, I just waited and the click went after 5 seconds and lights went out, but now they are permanently on.  I am not a car expert by any means, but could you help me finding out how I can fix this problem, or just entirely shut off the headlights.  I don't do any night driving, so more than usual I just drive during daylight hours.

ANSWER: Hi Mary,
Let me check the service manual and be back shortly.
Roland

QUESTION: Gawd, if I knew what I was doing, I would not be asking questions.  I am very sorry for getting the make of my car wrong.  Still Roland, might you be able to help me with this question.  Same question, different car...

Answer
Hi Mary,
I did respond as if it were a Chrysler. I don't have any wiring diagrams for a Buick, unfortunately, but it too probably has a daytime running lamp module which is only supposed to be activated when the car is in motion.
The click which you heard in the past which shut off the daytime running lamps after 5 seconds is probably coming from the daytime running lamp module. I suspect that it is stuck "on". Take a look at that device and likely you will find that it has a multi-pin electrical plug. If you disconnect that plug by pulling it out of the module that should 'kill' the operation of the module and thus end your problem.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston