Chrysler Repair/Head bolts 2008 dodge avenger

I'm replacing the head gasket on a 2008 dodge avenger with a v6 2.7L. What are the torque specs for my head bolts?

Hi Christopher,
The bolts 1-8 are tightened in sequence in 4 steps:
35 foot-pounds, 55 foot-pounds, 55 foot-pounds, then 1/4 of turn (not using torque wrench).
Then 9-11 are torqued to 250 inch-pounds (21 foot-pounds). The pattern starts in the middle of the head (outer edge)and goes around clockwise
Sorry for the delay but I just found your question in the "pool" to which the other expert, Kevin, has sent it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).