Chrysler Repair/Jeep warranties

Question
I have a 2007 Jeep. The engine warning light has been coming on and off for the last six months. In January 2016 the light came on and stayed on. Went to dealer who said it was a cracked manifold and converter. Chrysler says that since the emission warranty expired in December 2015, there is no coverage. Also, they said the extened warranty requires a dealer check at 5 years and since we did not do this the warranty is void. No one ever told us this was a requirement. It is only in the warranty fine print. Can you help us. This is a $2000 repair which would have to be paid by my daughter who works as a waitress.

Answer
Hi William,
About all I can suggest is that you contact the local lawyers' association (called the Bar Association, most likely) and ask them for an appointment with a consumer affairs lawyer for advice by means of a brief initial consultation. This may cost about $50 but you should be able to get an idea of what you might be able to do.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston