Chrysler Repair/2009 chrysler 300 touring: oil loss

Question
I brought a used 2009 chrysler 300 touring 3.5 the car is burning oil is it anything I can do to locate the source of the problem? The car does not smoke not running hot no check engine lights...
I also have a lifter/rocker arm that needs to be replaced my question with that is if I replace the lifters is it a possible chance the problem will accur again do to the defect design of the engine? I read that the pcv valve is to low placed in the wrong position which creates a blockage preventing the oil to flow properly to the motor which causes the engine to tap due to lack of oil so the car burning it out instead of cycling back through. Sorry I got a lil carried away.

Answer
Hi Shemika,
Sorry for the delay in responding to your question which I recently noticed in the "question pool" where Kevin had referred it.
If you mean that the car is "using" oil (rather than "burning oil") then you may have an oil leak. Is there oil under the engine where you park your car? Is there any sign of oil in the overflow bottle for the cooling system that you see in the coolant there?
As to the lifter issue, I have not heard of a problem with lifters or with the pcv system with that engine. Who has told you that there is such a problem? I would suggest that you have two possible mechanics look at your engine as it is now to determine what else besides the lifter/rocker arm that should be repaired as part of the job.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston